Sunday and Sunday, July 14 and 21
12:30 PM to 5:30 PM in Wilton, CT
“I was in a production of Urban Blight at the Manhattan Theatre Club in New York City with E. Katherine Kerr. I watched her, riveted, in the wings every night in one of the most powerful moments I had ever seen onstage yet it was never the quite the same. I enrolled in her powerful Creative Explosion Workshop. My career and my life have never been the same. The Four Principles are life altering.”
—-Faith Prince, Tony Award Winning Actress
“E. Katherine Kerr is a brilliant actress. It is very rare to find a great teacher of acting who both has the gift and the craft to be able to pass it on.”
—-Mike Nichols, Emmy, Grammy, Multi Award Winning Director
You do not have to be a performer to do this workshop!
The Purpose of the Workshop is to create the energy to start what you haven’t started and blast through the block that is in the way of going where you want to go. In this powerful, easy, and fun workshop you will learn about and apply the four principles of brilliant acting to brilliant living.
1. Commitment. Become clearer about your own authentic commitments.
2. Being Present. Learn a simple and fascinating technique to help you be in your body and access amazing creativity, healing and wisdom.
3. Relaxation. Do a simple exercise to release fear and negative judgment.
4. Communication. Upgrade your understanding and application of communication.
What Happens When You Enroll in the Workshop. The moment you register the process begins. You may have:
1. IMMEDIATE BREAKTHROUGH. And find yourself starting to move forward in an area in which you have been stuck. Miracles may occur between the time you register and the time you arrive at the workshop.
2. RESISTANCE AND/OR FEAR. The very act of commitment may bring up all the unexperienced feelings that have been in the way of your commitment. Things may seem to you to “get worse.” Negative thoughts and judgments may become more prevalent. This is fine. Bring them with you to the workshop.
3. INTEREST/OPENNESS. You may be ready for something new and not quite know what it is. This is a very powerful position. The workshop may hold many surprises for you.
What Happens in the Workshop. The first day will be instruction, sharing, exercises, and time to record your experience. Bring a notebook—preferably a large, three ring. Wear comfortable, layered clothing (you will feel hot or cold depending on your own emotional temperature.) Bring a snack or two. If you have any medical problems that need attention please let me know what they are. On the first day you also will learn a technique that can change your life. It’s called Getting Present.
On the second day of the workshop, using what you have learned, you will present a monologue, song, poem, short story, anecdote, or speech or a combination. Four or five minutes is the preferred length, but it (or they) should be no shorter than one minute and no more than 10. If at all possible, memorize or extemporize rather than read from a paper or note cards.
While the workshop is experiential, there is no pressure. We write, share, and laugh a lot. People leave feeling clearer, energized, and sometimes utterly transformed. Committing to the workshop begins the process.
Fee Schedule: (Check or Paypal)
First time participant: $250
Repeating participant: $150
Questions? Call 203 563 0363